Central Virginia * Full-Time
Interstate Rescue is in search of a Fire Apparatus Service Technician EVT and ASE certifications preferred.
The Emergency Vehicle and Service Technician is responsible for performing maintenance and repair of emergency equipment, vehicles, and motorized equipment. This person needs to be very detailed oriented. Additionally, this person needs to be versed in fire pumps, valves, preferably foam systems, and both 12 VDC and 120/240 VAC (generators), hydraulics, both accessory driven (generators, foam systems, pumps) and aerials, along with general mechanical repair/preventive maintenance, chassis, engine, transmission, suspension, etc. In addition, the Emergency Vehicle Technician may also be assigned to conduct pre-delivery service on vehicles to ensure excellent working order upon delivery to the customer.
- Expertly diagnose mechanical issues based upon experience, analysis, and testing
- Maintain leading-edge knowledge of emergency vehicle diagnosis technology, digital manuals, and reference materials
- Competently inspect, diagnose, and repair issues for emergency vehicle fire pumps, foam systems, valves, and the accessories
- Adapt to rapidly changing technologies in the automotive industry, as well as in the diagnostics arena.
- Able to obtain Virginia Motor Vehicle State Inspection license within 120-days of hire (persons with a criminal history are not able to get this license)
- Desire to advance in knowledge/skills to include but not limited to attending local and manufacturer training, seminars sponsored by local vendors, and trade show events.
- Position requires travel throughout Virginia, and as needed North Carolina and West Virginia.
- A high school diploma or GED required.
- EVT / ASE certification preferred.
- CDL with air brake endorsement required with clean driving record. (within 180 days of employment)
- Two years’ experience in a dealership or large facility repair organization preferred.
- Strong technical performance record
- An impressive work-ethic
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Post-secondary automotive training in Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVTCC) – F1-F8 Fire Apparatus & E0-E4 Ambulance preferred Computer diagnostic experience – OBDII, CUMMINS INSITE, DETROIT DIAGNOSTICS, ALLISON, NAVISTAR, WABCO, CLASS 1, VMUX, and other diagnostic software
- Any manufacturer certifications from prior employment (EONE, Sutphen, Pierce, Hurst, etc.) desired
Benefits Package available!